Limix Shikkui Marble TilesContact Us
- All-natural, Shikkui-based tile, manufactured with 80% less energy consumption than ceramic tiles
- Outstanding hardness comparable to marble
- Humidity regulating & antimicrobial (kills bacteria, viruses & mould)
- Absorbs VOCs, odours and CO2
- Available in custom and standard colour options & designs
Slaked Lime: Sourced from Kamsui marble, this natural binder provides high alkali properties to the material making it antiviral, anti-bacterial, and antifungal.
Diatomaceous Earth: A highly porous and absorbent mineral, is an effective regulator of indoor humidity, it also absorbs and traps VOC gases and odour.
Marble Powder: Calcium carbonate made from crushed marble adds natural durability.
Eggshells: Shikkui contains up to 50% upcycled eggshell aggregate - a calcium carbonate substitute making it similar to marble.
Seaweed: Actively contributes to the remarkably smooth workability and elasticity of Shikkui plasters without the use of harmful additives.
Plant/mineral Fibre: Upcycled Jute, Pulp and Mineral Fibres strengthen Shikkui’s binding properties.
Limix Shikkui Marble Tiles come in a variety of dimensions that can be installed on walls and floors in both residential and commercial spaces. Custom designs are also available. Contact us and our experts can help you select the best Limix Shikkui Marble Tiles for your project.
Floor tiles measure 400 x 400 x 15mm (15.75" x 15.75" x 0.6") and 600 x 600 x 18mm (23.6" x 23.6" x 0.7")
Wall tiles measure 400 x 400 x 10mm (15.75" x 15.75" x 0.4") and 600 x 600 x 12mm (23.6" x 23.6" x 0.5")
Why Limix Tiles?
Limix Shikkui Marble Tiles are made from Shikkui, an all-natural lime plaster, these tiles are formed under extremely high pressure to achieve marble-like properties while maintaining all the health & home benefits of Shikkui. With a variety of finishes, colours and designs available in addition to the health benefits of Shikkui, Limix Shikkui Marble Tiles are commonly used for residential and commercial projects.
Limix Shikkui Marble Tiles are a sustainable alternative to regular tiles due to its all-natural Shikkui composition that is made from upcycled and rapidly renewable materials. Even its manufacturing which opts for extreme pressure instead of high temperature baking ensures 80% less energy during its production.
High Performance & Durability
Made from Shikkui, Limix Shikkui Marble Tiles provide the same high performing health & home benefits found in our Shikkui plaster.
• Absorbs VOCs and odours
• Naturally kills bacteria, viruses, fungi mould due to its high alkalinity
• Humidity regulating
• Fire resistant
• Naturally anti-static & prevents dust accumulation
• Continuously absorbs CO2
• Outstanding hardness comparable to marble
Natural & Sustainable
• Made from all-natural materials
• Non-toxic and VOC free
• Uses 80% less energy consumption and low CO2 emissions during manufacturing (compared to baked ceramic tiles)
• Available in a wide range of custom and standard colour options
• Individual designs options available to achieve custom textures, colours or embedded designs
• Used for floor and wall application in both residential and commercial spaces